The Lightburn Software Series
The Lightburn Software is probably the best generic laser cutting software available (I use it for almost all of my laser work). This series has tutorials, hints and tips as well as the occasional speed comparisons between it and RDWorks. My thanks to the team at Lightburn for allowing me to embed their videos. This session concentrates on the Lightburn Trim Extend Features.
A quick walk through of the Trim and Extend functionality for node editing in LightBurn.
With your artwork loaded, select the Edit Nodes icon to the left of the screen:
- Pressing S while hovering over a node gives a Smooth corner node
- Pressing S while hovering over a line converts a line to a smooth curve
- Pressing L while hovering over a curve converts a a curve to a line
- Pressing C while hovering over a node converts a smooth node to a corner
- Pressing D while hovering over a node deletes the node
- Pressing D while hovering over a line deletes the line
- Pressing I while hovering over a line or curve inserts a node point
- Pressing M while hovering over a line or curve inserts a node at the midpoint
- Pressing B while hovering over a point breaks the shape at that point
- Pressing T while hovering over a line, trims back that line to the next intersection
- Pressing E while hovering over a point, extends that line until it intersects with another shape
Video Resource Files
There are no resource files associated with this video.
External Resource Links
There are no more external resource links associated with this video.
Transcript for LightBurn Trim Extend Features
Click the “Show More” button to reveal the transcript, and use your browsers Find function to search for specific sections of interest.